Mantis Green Inc's goal is to ensure consumers have a high level of confidence in the biodiesel they purchase, it is a top priority for the us and a key element in our industry's, and companies continued growth. For fuel to be sold as biodiesel it must meet the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standard D6751. This specification covers biodiesel fuel blend stock, B100 for use as a blend component with diesel fuel.The BQ-9000® program is a voluntary program for the accreditation of producers and marketers of biodiesel fuel. It is a unique combination of the ASTM standard for biodiesel, ASTM D6751, and a quality systems program that includes storage, sampling, testing, blending, shipping, distribution, and fuel management practices. Mantis Green Inc adheres to both quality standards.
Mantis Biodiesel Quality Standards
National Biodiesel Accreditation Program:
- A voluntary program for the accreditation of producers and marketers of biodiesel fuel called BQ-9000®
- BQ-9000® is open to any biodiesel manufacturer, marketer or distributor of biodiesel and biodiesel blends in the United States and Canada.
- BQ-9000® helps companies improve their fuel testing and greatly reduce any chance of producing or distributing inadequate fuel. To receive accreditation, companies must pass a rigorous review and inspection of their quality control processes by an independent auditor. This ensures that quality control is fully implemented.
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Regulation of fuel standards is a function primarily left to the states. However, regulation of biodiesel and blends is not uniform across all states.
- The National Biodiesel Board works with states to catalog information regarding their authority to regulate fuels; their status in adopting ASTM D6751 as the fuel specification for biodiesel; enforcement procedures; and assesses their capacity to analyze samples.
- The National Biodiesel Board will continuously work with states to update information found on this page, as well as track their efforts in adopting ASTM D6751.